I couldn't think what to blog about that didn't need a picture. Yes I know you have all helped me at one time or another to get pictures into my blog, but I can't ever do it on my own. So I am thankful to have you here sometimes to help me. I am so thankful for my family. You are all so sweet and caring toward me and dad. I feel so badly for people who I see that don't have children. If I see them at my office, I want to shake them and say, "what are you thinking? That's what life is all about."
We loved being with Adam and Summer for a couple of days at Thanksgiving. Their family is so adorable and so good. Each one of the kids did kind things for us. They drew us pictures, made us cool lego things to look at, ran upstairs to get things for us, sang us songs, and danced many weird dances for us. They even took Cookie for walks to the park a time or two. Summer made wonderful french toast for us and Adam let us borrow his car one whole day when I went to Grandma Holley's to spend time and dad went to see Aunt Rosemarie and Uncle Ham. They are so generous. We spent Thanksgiving with Summer's sister Shaleen and her husband, Adam Ford. Heather and her husband, Adam West, spent the holiday too. What lovely people they are! Good families! We are so blessed!
I am so amazed at Grandma Holley. She is doing very well for 91 years old. She wanted to go to the mall on Black Friday so that says what kind of stamina she has. We couldn't find what she had in mind, but we had fun--and we were both exhausted. She is so loving and wants us to stay longer always. She had quite an attraction to Cookie. She couldn't remember that she had been there before and danced for her, but she insisted that we go down to the lobby and have Cookie dance while she held up the little piece of bread that is Cookie's motivation. She would say to a group of people who we didn't know and she didn't either: "This is my little dog, would you like to see her dance?" Of course they complied and Cookie gave a good show. Grandma said after, "I'll be the most popular person here now." Well, that's good enough for me.
We also stopped by at Mark and Anissa Holley's new home where they were having Thanksgiving dinner. I got to hold that little baby that was in the hospital just lately. He looks just perfect and is a doll. Aunt Debbie and Mindy too, are doing just fine. (Don't ask me why the font just changed.) I am surely thankful for that.




Annie, Annie, Annie!
ReplyDeleteI had such a good visit with you yesterday. I really felt good about myself for all the rest of the day. It even effected how I was more patient and playful with my kids. Thank you :>
Mom, what a great post. I am thankful for all those things too. And YOU.
ReplyDeleteI loved that story about G. Holley. I can't believe she wanted to go out on black friday, I did not get that gene.
I love you so much Mom. Thanks for being who you are.
Mom! I'm so glad you updated! This is what blogging is all about. You don't even need pictures, it's just journaling your thoughts and what you are doing. I love hearing it.
ReplyDelete