Sunday, September 13, 2009

AHH AUGUST...

August was certainly a bustling month filled with just about everything. The first big event happened when Jake, Jaz and little Jethro flew in from Dresden, Germany. What a joy it was to get to know our newest (at the time) grandchild--and certainly the one we had been waiting anxiously to hold and kiss!


We had a lot of fun in the swimming pool.




Next I flew up to Eagle Mountain, Utah, to help Summer with her baby--who decided to come into the world a little after expected. What a joy when little Susannah did come!!!! Here is a four generation picture that happened just luckily with not much effort.


We were so glad to pick up Laura and her two daughters: Faith and Paulie, at the airport and take them with us. What fun!!!
Then the trek up to Bear Lake and Dennis and Karen's cabin for our reunion. What a blast! Here's a few pictures of it when I remembered to take them.





























Then we all came home to Vegas and a couple of days later I flew back up to Utah to be with mom Holley for a few days while Mindy and Debbie were recuperating from their kidney transplant experience. I am so in awe of my two sisters for going through this dramatic situation together. We all are praying that it will be the means for Debbie to live a long and full life! While I was with mom, we went up to Tremonton one day and saw her last surviving brother, Owen and his wife Jill. They look pretty darn good for their ages! Then we went to visit my cousin, Mike Bowcutt and his wife, Katie and then went to lunch with my cousin, Johnny Krey.





Last of all in August, Adam and family came down to visit us in Vegas for a few days. The boys wanted to swim in grandma and grandpa's pool. It's good to be thought of as a grand resort spot.

PS - here's a cute picture of Gracie on her birthday. And one of my visit to Jim and Marlene's with mom.



When I finally got home, I got a really bad cold along with several other family members--one being Gracie who is coughing beside me as she is putting this together for me. Thanks Gracie, you are a doll! Whew!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great pictures Mom. I'm so glad you're feeling better now. That hit us all pretty bad, didn't it? The reunion was really fun... thanks so much for making it possible for me to be there. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mom, I'm so glad you were able to get your pictures off your camera. We had such a great time with you guys! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Mom, thanks for taking these pics. This was such a fun time w/ everyone. I was especially proud of you for kayaking-Now you are the Adventure WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I LOVE the picture of you on the kayak! You are a good sport. My other favorite is the four generation pic of girls. Are you recovered yet? I'm getting there, and my closets are almost done! You'll have to come look when I'm finally all organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great pictures of a great week. I love the ones with Grandma Holley. She is always so happy -just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey mom, your blog looks go good. I love the music, some of which I have never heard before. You are such a wonderful mother in law. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I am signed in as Adam. Whoooppps. Summer

    ReplyDelete